One Librarian's Story By Heidi Borton

Reference Desk mcplref at apex2000.net
Tue Jul 14 12:34:19 EDT 1998

>      Such comments ignore the fact
>      that there are hundreds of subscribers on this list who weren't here
>      for the last flamefest on this topic.
>
>      Chuck0

Maybe even thousands.  But who cares about numbers?  The beauty here is
some librarians have passion.  I was here for the last several
flamefests and cautions, and I still find humor and an occasional good
idea in including some discussion about filtering.  That's the
goggle-faced, parted-hair, stiffed-collared, librarian version.

The other version is just give me flame!  Say how you really feel about
something in this field!  FLAME!  FLAME!  FLAME!  Let it go!!!  FLAME!!
FLAME!!  FLAME!!  Yeah!!  I WANT FLAME!!

Jeff Liles
Reference Librarian
Midland County Public Library