hoaxed!

Shelley Voie shelleyv at kcls.org
Thu Jul 23 18:32:40 EDT 1998

>On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Charles F. Bearden wrote:

>It's quite possible that a clever parody points to a legitimate
>web site to boost its apparent credibility . . .

You hit the nail on the head!  I admire this person's cleverness and
creativity.  Even if it did clutter our listserv for a few days, you are
correct that many people learned a "lesson in the difficulty of evaluating
the authority of electronic 'publications'."  Plus, it gave even more of us
a good, out-of-the ordinary laugh!    (But please don't take that as
encouragement to send us more hoaxes, Nestor Lipps, whoever you are.)

Shelley Voie (shelleyv at kcls.org)
Electronic Resources Librarian
King County Library System (www.kcls.org)
(425) 450-1763

"O brave new world, that has such people in it!"
(Miranda, in The Tempest -- William Shakespeare)