Web-site Development Tools

Linda Absher (absher) absher at sequent.com
Tue Jul 21 14:25:38 EDT 1998

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	slak at infohouse.com [SMTP:slak at infohouse.com]
	Sent:	Tuesday, July 21, 1998 8:06 AM
	To:	Multiple recipients of list
	Subject:	Web-site Development Tools

	I was wondering if any web librarians on this list could recommend
any web
	development tools that they use.  I would especially appreciate
hearing if
	anybody is still just hand coding, and their justification for doing
so.

	I will be taking a course next semester for my MLS called "Applied
	Technology Applications."  Part of that course includes an
introduction to
	html and website design.

	I am in the planning stages (content developement) of a personal
website
	and am working on a Macintosh, a platform that I don't believe is
overly
	utilized in library land.  However I am interested how other
librarians
	compose their sites.

	Thanks
	Luisa Sabin-Kildiss