InMagic databases on the Web

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Fri Jul 17 16:25:58 EDT 1998

Now and again I've seen queries about end-user delivery of local
database information via the Internet/WWW. I think that the InMagic
DB/SearchWorks (standalone database) and the DB/TextWorks "web
publishing" version are good examples of this approach, in regards to
product capacity, robustness, and performance.

For those interested in examining such products, you might take a quick
look at some existing InMagic product implementations. We have several
DB/TextWorks Web information systems running here at the Oregon State
Library, and are *very* satisfied with the product performance and
maintenance ease.

The list below are examples of InMagic implementations. The list comes
from the excellent vendor Web site at Crew-Noble Information Services,
of Danville CA. You can check it out at...
   <http://www.crewnoble.com/inmagic.html>

>From their list of demos, here follows my selected list of nice
DB/TextWorks implementations. BTW, some of these are simply good
information resources...

U.S. Naval Observatory Library Online Catalog
<http://WWW.DCDATA.COM/usno/>

Arizona Department of Transportation Library Catalog
http://www.dot.state.az.us/ABOUT/atrc/dbweb/catalog.htm

Federal Reserve System Economic Publications Database
http://206.79.163.3/library/index.htm or
http://www.frbsf.org/pubsindx.html

Marin Institute for the Prevention of Alcohol & Other Drug Problems
http://www.andornot.com/marin/

National Information Clearinghouse on Children Who Are Deaf-Blind
http://www.tr.wou.edu/dblink/data/catalog.htm

National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (ETOH)
http://etoh.niaaa.nih.gov/

National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC)
http://www.cais.com/naric/search/

Oregon Index of Newspapers
http://db.osl.state.or.us/orind1.htm
http://db.osl.state.or.us/orind2.htm (backfile, over 200,000 records)