IKIOSK and Netscape Communicator 4.0

Donald G Richardson drichard at WPI.EDU
Tue Jul 7 15:56:53 EDT 1998

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Charles P. Hobbs wrote:

> In the library where I work, we have several PC's running Netscape
> 3.0, and secured by Ikiosk 2.04. So far everything worked fine.
>
> Then, I started to upgrade to Netscape 4.0.5,  and discovered that
> Ikiosk doesn't work particularly well...

Charles,

We had the same problem with Netscape Navigator 4.0.x and IK 2.04. So I
got the free upgrade for IK 2.04, called WINSelect KIOSK 3.0, from Hyper
Technologies, Inc. <http://www.hypertec.com/>. Now that I have it
installed and configured, it seems to be handling Navigator 4.04 okay.
In general, KIOSK 3.0 seems easier to work with than 2.04. It also sounds
like the latest version, WINSelect KIOSK 3.31, lets you do even more,
although I haven't tried it yet.

                   Don Richardson ** drichard at wpi.edu
              Reference/Systems Librarian ** Gordon Library
                 WPI (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
              100 Institute Road ** Worcester, MA 01609-2280
                Voice (508) 831-5410 ** Fax (508) 831-5829