BATSH Question

Dale E. Goodell goodeld at wou.edu
Tue Jul 7 15:39:36 EDT 1998

I'm just starting to use BATSH v2.28 and have a question about having
BATSH timeout to a specific action.

Here is the scernio. I have BATSH displaying a text screen with
a choice to login to our Novell 4.10 network using Client 32. The
user has a choice of C to continue (launch Client 32 and proceed
with login), or Q to quit BATSH and not launch Client 32.  If the
user presses any other key, BATSH forces an exit (the same as
pressing Q).  All of this works great.

The problem is what BATSH does when it times out after a set period
of inactivity (e.g., 40 seconds).  I want the BATSH timeout to NOT
launch Client 32, but to act the same as pressing Q or any other key
and simply exit. I have not been able to get this to work correctly.
Currently, when BATSH times out, Client 32 launches.  How do I code
the .BSH file so it just terminates after 40 seconds and does not
launch Client 32?

A copy of my .BSH file follows.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Dale E. Goodell, Western Oregon University Library,
goodeld at wou.edu

REM message boxes
;*******************************************************
; version check
if %$VER%==>220 goto start
message Version Info
This DEMO will stop here

You should upgrade to version
    2.20 or later

Please contact the Help file
for the upgrade site
..
wait off
if exist batsh.hlp winhelp %$FILE%
exit
;********************************************************
:start
; Hide the BATSH icon
show hide
message BATSH: Information Screen

My text message goes here.

 Type   C  -- to Continue with Login
        Q  -- to Quit

.CHOICE C,Q,$A,#40
;*************************************************
if errorlevel 3 goto exit
if errorlevel 2 goto exit
; change icon to system defined questionmark
icon question
:run
set cmdln=c:\novell\client32\loginw95.exe
%CMDLN%
:exit
set cmdln=
exit