CANGO lists

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 7 08:52:34 EDT 1998

Adele and others:

I have several help pages that explain how to lock-in Netscape Navigator
3.x and 4.x to specific IP addresses.  We use it at our library to
restrict several of our workstations to our on-line databases only,
including FirstSearch and SearchBank.

The instructions are at:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~nort/tech/lockin.htm

and there is also a link to this page from the Web4Lib Reference Center
at:
[look under guides and tutorials]

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/faq.html

If you need a "permanent" method -- follow the link to Tim Kambitsch's
Exploiting and Abusing Netscape Navigator page -- the link is near the top
of my first page.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI