OCLC PRISM transfer

laura hudson hudsonl at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon Jul 6 11:15:40 EDT 1998

Hello folks,

We are trying to transfer ILL Web form data directly to the OCLC PRISM
review file.  I have just begun to look into this, and am not a programmer,
so I'm not sure how complicated the process is.

OCLC has told us that they don't have time to help, but pointed us in the
direction of Olivet University, where they are doing what we need to do.

Olivet University has helpfully placed their scripts for download by other
libraries.  However, they seem to be writing in a Unix Shell, and we are
running a  DEC Alpha NT machine with Internet Information Server, not
(sadly) a UNIX server.

I know that I'm sort of clueless, but does anybody have any suggestions for
where to look for help?  Anybody writing scripts like these in perl or C
that might run on NT?

Thanks in advance.
Laura

Laura Hudson
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Bibliographer for Electronic Resources and Communication
Alden Library Reference Department
Ohio University Libraries
email:  hudsonl at ohiou.edu
phone:  740-593-9683