IIS question/problem

morganj at iupui.edu morganj at iupui.edu
Fri Jul 24 17:09:06 EDT 1998

We have just set up Microsoft's web server software, IIS 4.0, on a Windows
NT 4.0 server that has service pack 3 installed.  We've noticed that
browsers connecting to it receive the html file they request, but never
seem to receive an end-of-transmission marker.  If the browser user clicks
on "stop" the full page is displayed, but otherwise it appears that the
page is still being transmitted.

Some friends we asked said they'd heard this was a known bug in IIS 4.0,
and that there was a fix, but couldn't remember any details.  Has anyone
on this list encountered the problem or seen a fix for it?

Jim Morgan
morganj at iupui.edu