cgi authentication software

ken klippel k.klippel at unsw.edu.au
Sat Jan 31 03:02:17 EST 1998

Is anyone aware of a freeware/shareware cgi script which can be used to
authenticate users access to specific web pages. I have some pages which
must be limited to certain staff groups and I would like to make a little
Username - password page to restrict access.

This seems such a straightforward process I cant work out why I cant find
anything on the big software/cgi sites. I presume I am missing something
obvious. I have tried the Selena Sol authentication software and it
doesnt quite do what I want.

Many thanks

Ken Klippel