animated gif

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Wed Jan 28 16:23:01 EST 1998

Regardless of your level of interest in the current Washington
hoohaha, or your analysis on the "truth" regarding it, I think
you'll find the following URL actually valuable as someone
involved with web pages, and quite possibly funny as well.

<http://cnn.com/SPECIALS/views>http://cnn.com/SPECIALS/views/

I gave the message the subject I did for the simple
reason that it is one of the most RELEVANT and significant
uses of an animated gif I've ever seen on the web. Usually
such things are just "decorative" or "attention getting" and
don't do or show anything of substance.  It usually is just a
"mailbox with flag going up" or "rotating world" or similar that
gets distracting or useless very quickly.  Just watch this one
for about ten seconds or so.  It does loop, as you'd expect.
And, it is something that could NOT be done in a print
medium.

Thanks to Andy Lester, Webmaster Extraordinaire, for
pointing me to this animated gif.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
dan at 84.com   http://www.84.com/  (check out our 1997 holiday letter)