Nestcape "history" list

John T. Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Wed Jan 28 12:32:29 EST 1998

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Mary Bush wrote:

> Can anybody tell me what is happening when Netscape erases my history list =
> in the middle of a session?
> A few minutes ago it happened in front of my eyes-I followed a link from a =
> page and it popped up a URL from one of my own pages (totally unrelated to =
> the link I was following), then brought up the page of the followed link, =
> and erased my whole history list.=20

It sounds to me like the link you clicked on is launching another browser
window (makes it look like you have two netscapes running).  The new
browser window will have none of the history of the parent (or first)
window.  If you switch back to the first window, you should still have the
history intact.

If you are running Win95, you will see two Netscape buttons on the start
bar.

If you are running Win3.x, you will see two Netscapes in the task list
(CTRL-ESC).

I do not know the behaviour if you are running MAC OS.

John

   John Thomas Benedetto, User Support Analyst II       jbenedet at unm.edu
   Centennial Science & Engineering Library,               (505)277-2598
   University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM  87131-1466
   http://www.unm.edu/~csel/