Patron Proof Printer?

Jennifer Sarber jsarber at statelib.lib.in.us
Wed Jan 28 12:52:29 EST 1998

Hi everyone:

One more question.

We have a few dot matrix printers available for patron use.   The
printers are located in a high public area generally with older patrons.

These poor printers take a lot of abuse, and we have to keep sending
them to be repaired.  Usually the paper feed tracker, where the patrons
insist on CRANKING the KNOB instead of using the form or page feed.  We
have placed SEVERAL signs in places where the patrons almost have to
move the sign to use the printer.  The sign's continue to be overlooked.

Are there any suggestions that I can have about patron proofing
printers?  Maybe we should use a different printer, but we prefer
pin-fed paper.

Let me know what you think.
Sincerely
--