Putting Databases on the Web

Nick Arnett narnett at verity.com
Tue Jan 27 17:30:25 EST 1998

At 02:12 PM 1/27/98 -0800, Karl Beiser wrote:
>We use Cold Fusion in conjunction with Visual FoxPro 5.0 for the
>online Maine Library Directory ( http://msl1.ursus.maine.edu ) and
>soon for some additional "utility" files including several that are
>index-like in nature.  The product is powerful, flexible and seems to
>be on a swift upward course in terms of rapidity of improvement.  Some
>experience with HTML, databases and rudimentary programming constructs
>is called for.

Since it was mentioned, let me add that Cold Fusion will has Verity's
search engine, allowing full-text searches against the database, for the
kind of subject searching that librarians do.

See http://www.allaire.com/search/

Nick Arnett

--
    Senior Product Manager, Knowledge Applications
        Verity Inc.  (http://www.verity.com/)
  Phone: (408) 542-2164  E-mail: narnett at verity.com