Putting Databases on the Web

Randy Anderson rmanders at sprynet.com
Mon Jan 26 12:34:50 EST 1998

Andrew,

The answer depends on your programming skills and budget.  Microsoft
includes in IIS a capability called ASP (Active Server Pages). ASP replaced
IDC (Internet Database Connector) which replaced dbweb.  ASP requires
knowledge of VB and I recommend you get Visual InterDev if you are going to
use it.

The other leading "non-vb" solution is ColdFusion from Allaire
(http://www.allarie.com)  it uses an html tag concept.  It does cost $$,
around $600 the last time I looked.

Hope this helps.

Randy Anderson