Sex & the Search Engine

rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Sat Jan 24 20:47:54 EST 1998

Hi all,

The original posting was correct, if one uses advance option and do a
search using terms giving.  My point tonight is that the search engines
are mineless robots which may have fell prey to those <HEAD> or <COLOR>
type ways we discussed last year using IRS as a query.  It appears that
those engineers of mindless robots are revisting their software to filter
out those really unrelated sites.  Thanks to them, and all the more
reason for informational WWW persons to be in charge of any site's
content.

We must state without a doubt, that responsive people need to be in
charge of providing facts and not fiction, i.e. AOL makes a profit of same.

These are strange times, it is expected to get even stranger for
informatiomal providers.  We have to employ tools that allow us to
provide REAL assets.  Once again it is our vision to develope such a
tool, without any commercial AD, the tool is MOREplus, located at:

http:/rbse.mountain.net/MOREplus

We have been a NASA research project for the past 7 years working on such
issues.  As of this time our users are a whose who of the best (after
amany of surveys for tools that do same).  Your requests for software
will be treated with a new policy of shareware that as Product Manager is
on the table with my for-profit commercial company.  It is my thought
that the $3,500 yr. support/upgrades/change_request will make them in
bean counting acceptable to same.  Though we are currently Oracle based,
our NASA resaech mission is to create a JAVA based version of MORE, and
then MountainNet (the small business whom made MORE an industrial stength
product), will once again make a JAVA version of MOREplus.

Guess the message is over the limit, one which gets the D key on any
early Monday morning, sorry,

Bob Terry
MOREplus Product Manager
http:/rbse.mountain.net/MOREplus