Contest For Library WWW Pages - Deadline Feb 28th

Stephanie Stokes stephanie at friendcalib.org
Sat Jan 24 16:00:54 EST 1998

	Hi WEB4LIBers the deadline is comming up
	on the WWW Home page Contest! I have included
	the form for you this time and helpful hints...
	I saw last years winners on display. Grab a
	'screen shot' some of you may call them
	'screen captures' and print 6 copies out on a
	good color printer. Then glue (I like spray glue)
	it to a piece of artboard formcore matboard whatever
	(I like black) Then glue your entry forms to the
	back of the boards. You will need to send 5. The
	sixth one you will need to hang next to the
	'award' when you win. It will be a great reminder
	of how wonderful you are everytime the boss drops
	by your office!

	Stephanie Stokes

	"Share the Wealth" Packet & "L. PeRCy" Award
	Entries Being Accepted

	The Library Public Relations Council is
	accepting entries for its "Share the Wealth"
	and "L. PeRCy" competitions until February 28,
	1998. Winners will be announced at the ALA
	Conference in Washington D.C. in June 1998.

	The "L. Percy" Awards honor outstanding
	publicity materials produced by libraries
	serving populations of different sizes. To
	encourage participation by libraries of all
	types and size, entry categories vary from
	year to year. This year's categories include
	Annual Report, Library Card, Library
	Service Brochure, Program
	Announcements, Materials/Book Lists,
	Newsletters and WWW Page.

	This international competition offers
	library communicators an opportunity to "crow"
	about their accomplishments and, for the
	winners, to receive some well deserved
	recognition.

	Enter now. You will find information and an
	entry forms hosted by "Library Media & PR" at:
	http://www.ssdesign.com/librarypr
            "L. PeRCy" Awards

Awards will be presented at the ALA Conference in Washington,
D.C. on Monday, June 29, 1998.

The "L. PeRCy" Awards categories this year are:
   *  Annual Report
   *  Library Service Brochure
   *  Materials/Book List
   *  Newsletter (one issue)
   *  Library Card
   *  Program Announcement (max. size 8 1/2 x 14)
   *  WWW Page (one page hard copy)

We regret we cannot accept videos.

Awards will be given in two divisions based on library budget and
population served.

        Entries must be postmarked by February 28,1998.
               Late entries will not be accepted.

Please submit only one entry per category. All entries must have
been produced in 1997.

Complete the form below and attach to each entry; form can be
copied for use when more than one category is entered.

Send five copies of each entry to:

     "L. PeRCy" Awards
      Billie Tucker
      New Rochelle Public Library
      1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle, NY 10801-6346
      Ph: (914) 632-7878     Fax: (914) 632-5386

Telephone (   ) _________________Annual library budget___________

Please attach this form for each "L. PeRCy" entry.

  LM&PR 1-98 WEB4LIB