Request for WYSE 30 and WYSE 50 dumb terminals

Steve Saunders drankin at library.on.ca
Wed Jan 21 11:19:33 EST 1998

Greetings fellow techies!

   Making the move to a brand new PC-based client/server setup with
all the bells and whistles and don't know what to do with all of your
old, but PERFECTLY functional, dumb WYSE 30s and 50s?

Have I got a deal for you...

{Preamble}
We here at the Nepean Public Library are still (at a minimum) nine
months away from such an upgrade.

In the meantime, my boss tells me that we still have to support our
current antiquated (oxymoron anyone?) system.

[SysAdmin would be such an easy job if it weren't for the users...]

 {End Preamble}

In order to offset the number of our dumb terminals that seem to be
spiraling towards an imminent and certain death on a daily basis, we
are offering to pay $40 US per fully functional terminal (monitor,
keyboard, power chord)plus shipping.

WYSE 30s are preferred.

After all, how many cool looking paperweights/doorstops can you
REALLY justify keeping in storage?

To respond, you can either e-mail me directly or do the "voice thing"
at (613)727-6700x454.

For those of you who struggle daily against the concept of the
"paperless office", I can also be faxed at (613)727-6705     ;-)

Thanks to all in advance
for your time and consideration,

Steve Saunders
Sysadmin