timely Internet news

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jan 16 15:42:34 EST 1998

For those who are Macintosh-enabled, I recommend "WhatRoute".  It can be
found at:

  http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~bryanc/

In addtion to tracerouting, the program does Ping, DNS lookups (a.k.a.
'nslookup'), Finger, and Whois queries.

In the beta version, the author is even trying to do some interesting things
like trace your connection around the world with lines on a graphic.  Most
times it doesn't work, but when it does, it is fascinating.

Peter

--On Fri, Jan 16, 1998 12:50 PM -0800 "Walt Howe" <walthowe at delphi.com>

Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888