Public library web site design and Internet training of county employees

Dwight McInvaill gcldirector at InfoAve.Net
Fri Jan 16 16:15:38 EST 1998

Greetings,

I am the director of the Georgetown County Library System, a rural
public library system in coastal South Carolina serving approximately
50,000 residents.  I have joined this listserv, today, because I have
two questions:

1.  I would like to design a public library web site, and I would like
to see some excellent examples that might guide me.  I have found some
useful general information in the web4lib Archives, but I am interested
in seeing specific web sites, particularly by libraries of our type and
size.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2.  I would like also to initiate workshops to teach county employees
about the Internet.  Our library has already held a considerable number
of free classes for the general public, but I would like to focus also
on the needs of county governmental agencies.  Does anyone know of a
workshops on which we could pattern ours?

Sincerely,

Dwight McInvaill
Director
Georgetown County Library System