More Opera 3 news

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jan 14 09:18:42 EST 1998

>I downloaded and installed the Opera 3 beta a few weeks ago. I thought the
>fonts were not nearly as nice as Netscape or IE. My conclusion was that
Opera
>might be a nice solution **only** if you can't run either Netscape or IE.
>
>Dave Bailey
>Hubbard, OH

Dave--

Can you elaborate on this?  Opera can use the fonts you choose, and lets you
select different fonts for different elements.  It uses the same font
rendering techniques as any other application on your system.  So if you
have Netscape set to display in, oh, Univers and set Opera to do the same,
the results should be very similar.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu