Off-topic? What automation librarians need to know

Francesco Giacanelli md1251 at mclink.it
Tue Jan 13 16:17:43 EST 1998

Dear Web4libbers,

I've read with interests the list on the necessary knowledge an automation librarians must have in order to manage the library. The problem I'm actually involved in is the evaluating the software: are there some certain criteria for the evaluation, e.g., of the cataloguing software? Are there priorities in the consideration of the software? Could you advice useful reading (or Internet site about)?
I'm sorry if the question is too general. I would appreciate some consideration.

Thanks in advance

Francesco Giacanelli - Rome, Italy.