graphic submit buttons

Shawn J.P. West (BlackSheep) kiratoy at panix.com
Fri Jan 9 12:40:26 EST 1998

this works for me and i have used it a lot

<input type="image" src="kti/images/gothere.gif" width="119" height="14"
border="0"  value="submit">

sample is at [ not a plug ]

www.2600.com/mindex.html

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Kevin Justie wrote:

> I've seen references (but no examples) in two HTML books for replacing a
> standard Submit button with a graphic button, using an Input tag like this:
>
>    <INPUT TYPE=Submit  VALUE="Go"  SRC="../graphics/go.gif">
>
> Yet the above gives me only a standard text "Go" button.  Both books also
> mention an earlier way of doing the same thing:
>
>    <INPUT TYPE=Image  SRC="../graphics/go.gif">
>
> But, they say this method may be phased out.
>
> Has anyone used the first method?  If it does work, what's the proper tag
> syntax?  And can ALT text be included for non-graphic/graphics-off browsers?
>
> Thanks!

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion
to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their
chosen field of endeavor.           -- Vince  Lombardi
                                 http://www.kiratoy.com
                                 kiratoy at 2600.com