ACLU Continues to Back Down From Library Suits

JQ Johnson jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 9 12:14:58 EST 1998

Shirl Kennedy writes:

>>Strangely enough, we haven't heard one word of complaint from the
pedophile
>>community since the filtering plan took effect."
>>http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/010498/Sunedit3.html
>
> Since when does viewing of pornography = pedophilia?

It doesn't.  The inadvertent point here is that the filtering is INEFFECTIVE
in interfering with the activities of pedophiles, but EFFECTIVE in
interfering with legitimate users, who HAVE complained.

JQ Johnson                      office: 115F Knight Library
Academic Education Coordinator  e-mail: jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
1299 University of Oregon       voice: 1-541-346-1746
Eugene, OR  97403-1299          fax: 1-541-346-3485