Opera 3.0 released

Shirl Kennedy sdk at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 8 20:46:19 EST 1998

Opera is GOOD.  When we bought my son a new PC (he's in a technology magnet
high school program and browbeat us into a "hot" machine), we gave his old
(and my old) 486DX33 with 8M RAM to my mother.  She can actually browse the
Web satisfactorily using Opera, whereas Netscape and IE 3.0 both crashed
repeatedly, creating frustration and drawing out the learning curve.  The
Opera people claim their browser will run on a 386SX machine with 4M
(although they recommend 8M).  At any rate, if you've got older PCs sitting
around and a need for additional Internet workstations, I would definitely
download the trial version of Opera and see if it works for you.

BTW, I use Opera on my own machine -- 166P with 32M RAM.  When I've got Word
97 and Adobe Photoshop open at the same time (plus an e-mail program) and I
need to quick-check a URL, Opera is much less likely to be "the straw that
breaks the camel's back," crashing Win 95...

Shirl Kennedy (who admits to a preference for IE 4.01 and Outlook Express,
but will give anything that looks interesting a try)