End of free E-mail?

Joy Schwarz schwarz at AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG
Thu Jan 8 12:44:05 EST 1998

Andrew -

You may want to read the "Important announcement to all Hotmail members" from
Sabeer Bhatia (President and CEO of Hotmail) regarding the merger of Hotmail
and Microsoft at <http://207.82.250.251/cgi-bin/html/welcome.nowms.html>.

Here's an excerpt:
  Fifth, the basic Hotmail service will always be free. While we will offer
  premium services for a modest charge from time to time, Hotmail email remains
  free - just as it has always been.

Here's hoping he defines "always" the same way I do!

Joy Schwarz                    |  Any sufficiently
Interlibrary Loan Librarian    |  advanced technology
Winnefox Library System        |  is indistinguishable
Oshkosh, WI  USA               |  from magic.
http://axp.winnefox.org        |      Clarke's Third Law
qajaqer at hotmail.com                   Arthur C. Clarke