Printing from DOS

BryanTyson BryanTyson at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 20:28:11 EST 1998

In a message dated 98-01-22 10:44:54 EST, Judy writes:

<< We have a couple of University student-patrons who bring small DOS based
 programs on floppy to this library to work on.  Our 10+ public pcs are
 all WIN95 networked into 4 printers. (One laser, two DM, one Inkjet)
 More often than not they cannot get their material to print.  Query, is
 this a WIN95 issue or am I missing something really basic? >>

When you install the printer, the wizard will ask if you need to print from
DOS applications. Be sure you answer yes. Now, I can't recall offhand, but I
think the same wizard gives you a chance to specify what port you're using and
what que it should capture to. If I am wrong and it's not part of the wizard,
you can always right-click on your printer, choose details, and set your
capture there.

Bryan S. Tyson
Tech. Svcs. Dept.
J.S. Mack Library