Netscape writes to hard disk?

CBailey512 CBailey512 at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 13:45:25 EST 1998

In a message dated 1/21/98 5:10:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cnoah at cwmarsmail.cwmars.org writes:

 Friends,
 Netscape was left open (though inactive) while running ScanDisk on a
 computer.  We got a repeated message I'd never seen before, to the
 effect that "a program is writing to the hard disk".  Once Netscape
 was closed, ScanDisk ran fine.

 I'm puzzled that Netscape was writing to the disk while inactive.
 Anyone had any experience with this?

 Many thanks,
 Carolyn

Carolyn,

This is not a Netscape issue but a Scandisk issue. There is a simple trick to
force Scandisk to ignore other programs that are running. Minimize the
Netscape window. Drag the Scandisk window over to the right side of your
desktop, then click on the start button to open the start panel. Leave the
start panel open until Scandisk is finished.

Dave Bailey
Hubbard, OH