Form Security

Elizabeth H. Hamilton hamilte at one.net
Tue Jan 6 10:50:41 EST 1998

Dear List Friends,

I have created a form whereby students can submit answers to a library
quiz to their respective Freshman English faculty members. The form uses
sendmail to mail the students' quiz responses. It uses the post method to
send this data to the script. The address of the faculty member to whom
the mail is sent is "hard coded." The student selects it from a drop down
list. Thus, at no time, does the student type in anything that will go
into the variable that holds the information for the "to" line for the
sendmail program.

Is this script secure? It seems so to me but I just wanted to check.

Thank you for your help!

Liz

Elizabeth Hamilton,
Web Developer