Netscape Kiosk mode

Sharon Centanne CENTANNE_S at popmail.firn.edu
Sat Feb 28 19:39:18 EST 1998

At 09:12 AM 2/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have implemented Andrew Mutch's kiosk coding on our plublic machines. I
>altered it so that the Location bar, Personal Toolbar, and Toolbar are
>displayed.  The Menubar is not displayed.  It works very well.

Hi Bill!

Do you or anyone else on this list know how to get rid of the dropdown
box on the Location bar in Netscape 4.0?  I wrote a batchfile to get rid
of netscape.hst, cookies.txt and even delete m*.* in the cache file every
time I reboot, but I still get old URLs in the dropdown box.  I don't want
my students finding URLs other students typed in, as often they are
inappropiate ones and give others ideas.  We are a high school, and the
kids don't need to repeat others mistakes<g>

Sharon Centanne