Definition of T1?

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Feb 26 10:11:13 EST 1998

Before you hit reply--I know how fast a T1 line is and what it does.  (Same
for T3.)  I have been through two paper dictionaries and seven online
acronym dictionaries, and I cannot determine what the "T" in "T1" means.
(One acronym dictionary suggested the T stands for "Telephony," and I could
buy that, but it accepted definitions from just anyone and I didn't think
that qualified as a definitive source.)

You would think that a resource touting its abilities to decipher acronyms
would at least apologize if it doesn't identify the entire meaning of a
term, but you would be thinking like a librarian.  <grump>
Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com
Councilor-at-Large, American Library Association
Internet Filter Assessment Project: http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/
Author: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters *** Now Available! ***
Neal Schuman, 1997 ISBN 1-55570-322-4 http://www.neal-schuman.com
Information is hard work