Printing with Telnet software

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Wed Feb 25 18:54:54 EST 1998

--On Fri, Feb 20, 1998 6:23 AM -0800 "Katherine Kendall" <kk at harborcom.net>
wrote:
> 	We are considering getting Infotrac off the Internet.  What is
> the best Telnet client for printing.  Best I define as a no brainer for
> the patrons and eliminating the extraneous screen garbage. I went to
> TUCOWS and looked at ZOC, CRT and NetTerm, but none had a description
> of printing capabilities.

While not directly related to Infotrac, printing with the INNOPAC library
automation software is a popular topic on the Innovative User's Group list.
To help answer some of the questions, I authored a FAQ document on INNOPAC
printing.  One of the pages of that document deals with various telnet
software packages out there and how they deal with printing.  This might be
useful to you:

  http://www.cwru.edu/affil/iug/print-faq/software.html

Peter
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888