Measures of online usage

Marty Williams marwil at citysouth.sa.gov.au
Tue Feb 24 01:15:04 EST 1998

We are trying to gt our heads around setting up measures of library
productivity for those dreaded KPI's. The problem is that in setting
up really good online resources then our reference enquiries (staff
answered) will drop. Though this may look good, if it is a
productivity measure then we do all of this extra work, satisfying
customers, but look like we are going backwards. Therefore while
we may have a full time staff member doing the electronic access
stuff this isn't being counted.

Does anyone have any ideas around ways of measuring online
use, but in a way that measures 'hits' (which is relatively easy),
satisfaction (I found what I needed) and repeat use?

Marty