archived audio sites

Bruce Pomerantz brucep at PioneerPlanet.infi.net
Thu Feb 19 00:17:21 EST 1998

I write a website evaluation column for Internet Reference Services
Quarterly.

I would appreciate suggestions of websites which offer ARCHIVED
newsworthy audio material, such as presidential speeches and noteworthy
speeches by prominent people. I may be too focused on speeches so if
someone can suggest other archived audio material, please do.

Please note the emphasis on archived.  I am not looking for today's
sound bite, which is gone tomorrow.

I am going to assume that the librarians reading this column can't
afford the best in audio playback software for their libraries.
Consequently,  my preference is for the audio material to be available
through cheap add-ons, such as one of the earlier and now free RealAudio
versions.

Thank you.
Bruce Pomerantz
St. Paul, MN