Protecting CMOS

P or K Bary bary at qadas.com
Wed Feb 18 09:54:59 EST 1998

Depending on the type of PC, you may be able to change a jumper on the
motherboard.  The documentation, or a call to the manufacturer should tell
you that.  On our Gateways, changing the jumper eliminated the statement at
bootup.  We have Dells that we've also protected this way.  If we forget to
lock up the CMOS setup on a PC our bright and innovative users find this
out very quickly (sigh).

Karen Bary
Microcomputer Coordinator
Arapahoe Library District