Protecting CMOS

Dwight McInvaill gcldirector at InfoAve.Net
Wed Feb 18 09:47:48 EST 1998

Here's the problem...You all know how your computer sends up information
about Windows etc. when you first turn it on.  Well, we have a computer
in our law library and we would like to eliminate that option of
entering "Setup - F2".

As you know, if a user hits that F2 button very quickly, he then has
access to the CMOS etc.  We have tried the "User" password and the
"Supervisor" password systems, but they do not provide the protection
necessary.  We need to eliminate that statement from flashling on when
it first appears.  Please send your answers immediately. Thank you.