WinU4 trouble

Vidar Ringstr|m vidar at larbib.bibsyst.no
Wed Feb 18 03:57:47 EST 1998

Hello all

Have anyone had any trouble like this with WinU4.1 ?

Installing and setting up WinU4.1 was a success to begin with. (We are
going to use winu to safeguard a pc with two cdtowers (2 x 7).)

The trouble started when we moved the pc and towers to its allotted
place in the library.

The setupchoices on the menu started to act strangely. When we click on
the system/desktop setup choices, the password box appears for a split
second and then disappears.

We have tried reinstalling (several times) both as registered user and
trialuser, with the same result.

What really makes me wonder is when we try installing on a "fresh"
machine, the same thing happens :(

The win95 version is 4.00.1111 (osr2?). The machines are fairly new
Compaq Deskpro 4000 166MHz.

(I have mailed Bardons help desk, they havent replied (yet)).

Has anyone experienced the same?

Hilsen Vidar
---------
Vidar Ringstr|m            Larvik bibliotek
Boks 2001 Stubber|d        3255 Larvik
Tlf: 33 18 63 01           Fax: 33 18 79 05