McGill 3270 and Netscape 4

rpage at okway.okstate.edu rpage at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:48:27 EST 1998

   Hi! Unfortunately, I misspoke. I have installed NetScape 4, but had not
   tried to configure this yet. Intrying it now, I see that they have done the
   same thing that Internet Explorer has always done.
      I have never quite figured out to make this work, when it calls the
   "TelnetProtocolHandler" (or the tn3270). I think that it might be doable by
   editing the registry, but I've never quite gotten it to work.

   This is sad -- NetScape used to be the easiest to configure for helper
   applications (as opposed to add-in, plug-ins, etc.) and was one of the few
   reasons that I have not moved our public machines over to IE.

   Oh, well... I wish I had an answer, but I have never been successful in
   getting McGill TCP3270 to work with this setup.

   --Richard

    Richard M. Page                         | Voice      (405) 744-5347
    Head, Library Systems Department        | Fax        (405) 744-7579
    224A Library, Oklahoma State University |
    Stillwater, OK 74078-1070               | E-Mail: rpage at okway.okstate.edu