CGI services?

Brian Hancock bhancock at loca.ablah.twsu.edu
Fri Feb 6 17:28:59 EST 1998

Our computer center prefers that we don't run cgi scripts on their Unix
system so we have simply set up a Linux box to handle any cgi scripts.  We
run a book suggestion form, a BBS system and an Ask a Reference question
form from a Linux box in the Humanities division.  There is also an
electronic ILL form on the same Linux server.  This is done presently on a
standard computer with an Intel 133MHz chip and 64MB of RAM.  As long as
you have an IP address you can set up a server and run cgi scripts as you
like.  Each divison or department can set up their own.
Linux comes with all the software you'll need to set up.
Brian

Brian Hancock
Humanities Librarian
Wichita State University