webmaster salaries & tools

Real Rodrigue rodrigue.real at uqam.ca
Fri Feb 6 13:18:08 EST 1998

I'm library webmaster at the Universite du Quebec a Montreal
(enrollment: about 30,000 to 40,000).

Until very recently, I was on MAC, and I was using Adobe PageMill 2.0 as
web editor, Adobe SiteMill 2.0 for Web maintenance, and Adobe
PhotoDeluxe for graphics (I'm still using these tools at home for my
personal web site).

I'm now on Windows 95. I've tried Microsoft FrontPage 98, but while I
like the editor portion of the software, I found the site maintenance
portion to be quite useless for me (see recent postings on Web4Lib on
the FrontPage 98 subject). I have also downloaded the preview release of
Adobe PageMill 3.0 for Windows 95, and found that it was quite
interesting for me, both for web authoring and for site maintenance. I'm
still using PhotoDeluxe for graphics (I like it very much) on this
platform.

By the way, my webmaster tasks are just a part of my global workload as
a librarian in the information technologies department of the library,
without bringing with them any supplemental pay : - (

Real Rodrigue
Librarian
Information technologies - Library
Universite du Quebec a Montreal

TEL: (514) 987-3000 #4554              FAX: (514) 987-7787
E-mail : Rodrigue.Real at UQAM.CA
WWW : <http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/g17176/Real.html>