Printers

rpage at okway.okstate.edu rpage at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Feb 6 12:18:08 EST 1998

   Hi! Here at OSU, we decided that we did not want shared public printers,
   but that we did need, for the reasons you have given, to move away from dot
   matrix printers. After some searching and testing, we decided upon NEC
   SuperScript 860 laser printers (with 5Mb RAM), which, in quantity, were
   priced just above what we had been paying for Panasonic 24-pin printers --
   somewhat over $200 each.

   We are treating them as dot matrix replacements and have deployed over 60
   of them in the public areas. They have been out since late last summer and,
   other than some oddball configuration changes, have been no problem. We
   haven't even had any failures so far and they are used heavily.

   --Richard

    Richard M. Page                         | Voice      (405) 744-5347
    Head, Library Systems Department        | Fax        (405) 744-7579
    224A Library, Oklahoma State University |
    Stillwater, OK 74078-1070               | E-Mail: rpage at okway.okstate.edu