Helping public library patrons with telnet

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
Fri Feb 6 10:52:42 EST 1998

At 6:06 AM -0800 2/6/98, TMGB wrote:
>I suggest that you have your web master investigate using a java telnet. This
>eleviates the need of any tutorial, instructions, or even a client needing a
>telnet program altogether.

But then there are patrons who do not have Java turned on, do not have Java
plugins installed, do not have Java capable browsers due to using older
machines with limited RAM, or do not like having Java on.

I for one fall into the last category, I got tired of pages with stupid
Java tricks and so use the web with Java disabled.

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
(currently Gilles Poitras gpoitras at gtu.edu)
Graduate Theological Union Library
2400 Ridge Road         Berkeley, California, USA
http://www.gtu.edu/library/