[ANNOUNCEMENT] OCLC Institute Regional Seminars

Jul,Erik jul at oclc.org
Fri Feb 6 11:27:12 EST 1998

[Cross-posted to INTERCAT, AUTOCAT, WEB4LIB, and PACS-L.  Forward
or redistribute as appropriate.  --Erik]

                         The OCLC Institute
                                 and
                            OCLC Networks

                              Announce
                        Regional Sessions of

                   "Knowledge Access Management:
        Tools and Concepts for Next-Generation Catalogers"

Join the "Knowledge Access Management" learning community.  This
popular 2-1/2 day seminar is now available in the following
selected U.S. regional locations:

Atlanta, Georgia (SOLINET)
May 18-20 (Monday-Wednesday)

Claremont, California (OCLC Pacific)
May 27-29 (Wednesday-Friday)

Seattle, Washington (OCLC Pacific)
June 1-3 (Monday-Wednesday)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PALINET)
June 10-12 (Wednesday-Friday)

Cost: 	OCLC member          $495.00
         Non-OCLC member      $550.00

Network members may be billed through their Networks.

Registration for each event is open to all (OCLC membership or
Network affiliation not required).

For more information and to enroll online, see the OCLC Institute
Home page at http://purl.org/oclc/institute or contact Peggy Miller,
event coordinator, millerp at oclc.org, (614) 761-5212; or Erik Jul,
associate director, jul at oclc.org, (614)764-4364.

Here's a sampling of what people are saying about the OCLC
Institute and the "Knowledge Access Management" seminar:

"This was my best continuing education experience in ten or fifteen
years."

"Organization was better than any conference/seminar I've attended.
Content was motivating, interesting, timely."

"All faculty members [were] great in sharing their knowledge,
experience, perspective and vision.  I'm motivated to take the next
step forward.  I'm also glad to be ensured that this is the
beginning, instead of the end, of a new learning opportunity for
me."

"Excellent mix of practical & theoretical/big picture.  The best
conference I've attended in years."

"The overall seminar experience was quite excellent...I feel
invigorated and wired to take action back home."