CSS questions

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Feb 5 20:27:05 EST 1998

Steve,

Even though I have become a style sheet convert - there nothing like
changing a couple lines of text in your style sheet file and watching the
changes cascade through your site - you raise a good point about browser
compatability problems.  I think Tom Dowling made the point a while back
that you shouldn't be using your style sheets to create effects that
render your page unusable when they are removed.  I know the temptation is
great and its probably why I have restricted its use to fonts,
backgrounds, and margins.  Abusing style sheets is no better than abusing
HTML code.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI