when i look at my source file now--there are no line feeds???UNIX?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Feb 3 14:31:51 EST 1998

>one of the larger pages was changed when it was put onto the web by
>eliminating all the carriage returns that made viewing and changing the
>source file so easy.  Instead, i find characters that look like small
>filled-in rectangles.

This happens when you download/transfer an ASCII text file (usually through
FTP) as a binary file.  Try transfering it again being sure to set the
transfer type as ASCII.  This will get ridof the rectangles.

           Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
       Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
                    Aurora, CO
                  msauers at bcr.org
                    www.bcr.org
             The WWW Library Directory
           www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
            "The network is the message"
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.