Quitting Database & returning home

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Mon Feb 9 13:14:16 EST 1998

We provide access to several databases on the Web. The databases available
from OVID & FirstSearch offer a nifty feature which takes the user back to
our databases page once they disconnect from either service. However, we
have other databases that either don't have a disconnect feature, or upon
disconnect don't take the user anywhere. In the case of one database, once
you disconnect you can't even use the back button to get back to our site,
but instead have to use the history list.

I'm wondering what others of you do about the databases that upon
disconnect don't take the user back to your site. Do you consider it a
problem? Minor hassle? Any complaints from users? Complaints from reference
staff? Have you taken any creative steps to address the situation?

Thanks much,

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu