ocr software

Paul F. Schaffner pfs at umich.edu
Mon Feb 9 09:35:45 EST 1998

> I NEED TO BUY A VERY GOOD OCR SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS NT 4.0, BUT I DON'T
> KNOW IT. CAN YOU HELP ME?

*Very* good means very expensive. I believe that the OCR people here
have had excellent results with PrimeRecognition's PrimeOCR multi-engine
voting system--much better than with any single-engine OCR program.
It runs nicely on NT but, depending on the number of users and extras,
can cost a lot: up to several tens of thousands of dollars, I'm told.

See further --> http://www.primerecognition.com/