Netscape Kiosk mode

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Feb 27 12:55:39 EST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin L. Gelinson-Zalben <gelinsrl at alverno.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Friday, February 27, 1998 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Netscape Kiosk mode

>It works, but there is nothing more scary than finding your
>navigation tools gone because of a web page!!!!

On my machine (NC 4.04 + NT Workstation 4.0), it works almost exactly like
"netscape -kiosk": calling Dr. Watson!  :-)   Inexplicably, it works much
better with MSIE 4.01.  When was the last time you could say that about
JavaScript?

>This is probably already an unstated thing, but please don't do things
>like this on anything other than a local machine!

Hear, hear.  Of course, the person who controls the browser does retain the
final decision on this--you can disable JavaScript (even in MSIE 4!).

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu