Session capture and display

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Feb 27 10:31:22 EST 1998

Everything depends on the platform you are running.  For win 3.x and
win95 and maybe win9x,  you can use alt-printscreen to copy the active
window to the clipboard.  Now you can paste that image into practically
any other program you are running.  I've used this procedure for
tutorials quite often with WordPerfect and have found that this
procedure results in a much greater quality on hard copy than any screen
capture program.

Another alternative, if you are using win95, is camcordr.exe.  This is
the MS Camcorder program that allows you to record everything you do on
the screen and save it as an AVI file or a self executing demo.  The
file, camcordr.exe, can be found at:

http://www.winmag.com/software/1997/0301/03share.htm
or
http://www.dias.gr/files.htm

Thomas

Marty Williams wrote:

> Thanks for everyone who responded to my query on measures of
> online usage - some very useful suggestions.
>
> Now while Im on a roll, heres another less complex qiestion. I am
> looking for a piece of software (preferrably Net downloadable) that
> will enable us to capture sessions, esp. Internet browsing in a
> format that can be replayed as a display at exhibitions, in library
> foyers, for training sessions etc. This would enable us to showcase
> our web site (and others) without giving access to a mouse or
> keyboard - i.e. simply as a presentation.
>
> If the software was compatible with Powerpoint it would be even
> better.
>
> anyone know of such a beast?
>
> Marty
> marwil at citysouth.sa.gov.au

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2795   FAX:    704 262 3001

In librarianship--as elsewhere--the quality of service is not measured
by
the number of complaints received