Error 404

Earl Sande sandes at wilken-dsm.com
Thu Feb 19 06:52:38 EST 1998

Sorry to post this to all, but I deleted the original note.  This came
today
from LockerGnome :

(1) Alexa v1.3 [1.6M] 95/NT FREE

  http://www.alexa.com/download/lg/alex130m.exe (IE version)
  http://www.alexa.com/download/lg/alex130n.exe (NS version)
  http://www.alexa.com/download/lg/index.html

LISTEN UP, because this proggie is really different. I've featured
other awesome search utils in Lockergnome before, and each one has
merit, but take a serious look at Alexa. It has access to an 8
*TERABYTE* archive of the world wide web. Ever run into a 404
error message while surfing? If you use Alexa, and the "lost page"
is within that 8 terabytes, it'll pull it up for you. Alexa also
has a handy desktop reference button (access the entire
Encyclopaedia Britannica and Merriam-Webster's Dictionary &
Thesaurus)--perfect for students. Then you've got the ability to
view in-depth site information (owner, hit count, number of pages
on the site, etc.). And that's just the tip of the
iceberg--there's a handful more. Alexa has a small interface, but
is extremely powerful for searching and browsing the web. (the
first URL is for Internet Explorer users and the second one is for
Netscape users)

Might be worth looking into?

Earl

--